It’s good for the soul to be able to look back at hard times and see how God has changed you and used it for good in your life! God has used Covid-19 for a lot of spiritual growth in my life but today I want to share some of the lighter hearted things He has taught me through this time!
1. I used to view my life as pretty low key, almost mundane…but now I see that I was living high with trips to the grocery store and a library outing at least once a week for new books and movies! Laugh you may, but my perspective has definitely changed in a positive way and I will be a lot more thankful for my “mundane” life if I ever get it back!
2. I’ve learned to be creative in the kitchen. Now the kitchen is my happy place (especially if it’s clean) and I would have said I was creative in the kitchen before all this. However, it has taken on a whole new dynamic in the past months. I used to make a meal plan and shop accordingly. Now I shop and make a meal plan out of what I was able to find at the grocery store. It has opened up a whole new world of cooking experiments.
3. We have gotten better about getting outside for walks! Sometimes we take a quarter and flip it at each intersection to see which way to go. Other times we take a slower walk and try to spot cool things along the way. We have discovered an old Bronco (parked amongst other run-down stuff in someone’s yard) and unique houses set back from the road.
4. I’m learning to be more structured about our life at home. It’s easy to get a bit bored when you’re at home day in and day out making a plan/daily routine has brought some direction to my day!
5. Prioritizing activities with my girls is almost becoming a habit! Reading books, toilet paper roll crafts 😉, cooking together, building pillow forts, “school” work, including them in household chores, etc. Yeah, I could do a better/faster job but why not redeem the time to train them up in these areas? They have to learn sometime and this is a perfect opportunity! I love watching them bloom into little ladies!
God has been so good to us during this crazy time! What wonderful little things has He taught you?