This season of holidays fills our calendar. We prioritize shopping, decorating, baking, family reunions, gatherings with friends and gift giving.
When I really stop and consider Christ’s gifts, I realize that one of His greatest blessings gets pushed aside by the business of the season.
This gift is the Church!
Let us stop and considered all the blessings God provides through His Church and choose to praise Him and prioritize this extraordinary gift!
- A place to remember Christ’s sacrifice as we celebrate the Lord’s Supper together
- We are encouraged and built up / A place to encourage and build each other up
- A place to grow in our understanding of God through the teaching of His Word
- A place to sing praises to God corporately
- A place to form friendships that are founded in Christ’s saving work in our lives
- A community of people who pray for you.
- A place where our children are taught the Word and Songs
- A place to help us train our children in the Lord
- A place where our children have friends
- An opportunity to care and be cared for
- A place to practice our spiritual gifts
- A community (a body!) to pitch in during hard times
- A community of people to weep and rejoice with
- A place where we are reminded of truths we are quick to forget
- A place to see how God is at work in the lives of other people
- A place to see answered prayers
- A chance to be involved in missions beyond next-door-neighbors.
- A place to be convicted of sin and repent
- A place to obey God’s command to gather with God’s people
- A place to recount God’s faithfulness and goodness in our lives
- A place to come alongside each other and bear each other’s burdens
- A place to celebrate baptism and new life in Christ
- A place for the intentional preaching of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ
- A place to publicly exalt the name of the Lord
- A place to love and serve each other
- A place to learn theology
- A place to spur each other towards godliness
- A place to celebrate the diversity within the Body of Christ
Praise God for our Church!