Having a busier than expected day is pretty normal in our lives and those meal times can come around the clock faster than we plan for.
Last-minute meals on a busy day can be kind of crazy, but what if we had some go-to meals that can be ready and on the table in 20 minutes? That’s quicker than ordering pizza and having it delivered!
Here are some ideas for some super-quick meals that we whip up for our families on those busy days.
- Quesadillas (with cheese and refried beans)
- Breakfast for Dinner: pancakes, waffles, eggs and sausage/bacon with toast
- Loaded Potatoes (cooked in microwave) top with cheese, beans, sour cream, ham, broccoli or any other ingredients you have on hand that sound good.
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches (make it even better by warming up a can of soup for dipping the sandwiches in)
- Stove-top Taco Casserole (Taco meat layered in a skillet with broken up tortilla chips, cheese, and refried beans mixed with some salsa to make it spreadable)
- Monte Cristo Sandwiches (Regular ham and cheese sandwiches dipped in a thin pancake batter and fried on a griddle)
- Sloppy Joes
- Tuna Melts
- Tacos or Taco Salad
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes – I use this recipe from Delish.com
- Black beans with sauteed kielbasa, bell peppers, and onions over rice
Most of the ingredient for these meals are non-perishable or freezer-friendly.
Freezing cooked ground beef makes for an even faster meal assembly!
Try keeping ingredients for some of these meals on hand for those days when you just run out of time and really don’t want to spend the extra on pizza or carry-out!